Are the Australian and British Governments trying to rig the Jacintha Saldanha Inquest? Check out page 3 of Assistant Secretary Jarad Henry’s letter and you will find that he concludes this 3-page letter in the same way that he started; by claiming that what happened to Jacintha Saldanha was the result of a prank.
[The short link for this URL is: http://wp.me/p1n8TZ-cX ]
Just as Jarah Henry has made repeated claims in his letter that the 2Day FM phone call was just “a prank”, I shall do likewise in my blog by again stating that the phone call was a deliberate decision made by professional people working in a commercial radio station.
The primary purpose of a commercial radio station is not to entertain the listening audience. The business of business is making a profit and 2Day FM is a commercial business that exists for the purpose of generating a financial profit for its owners, i.e. the Austereo shareholders.
- In Britain the secret recording of telephone conversations by News of the World has lead to police investigations, a parliamentary inquiry and several arrests, as well as the closing down of News of the World.
- Read the above comments from Jarad Henry and then image how British citizens would react if they had written to the minister responsible for the broadcast media and had received a response like that.
In the light of Jacintha Saldanha’s death, would they have found the response from Jarad Henry that Austereo has banned prank calls to be an adequate, appropriate response if it had been made by the British Government ?
I think not!
That phone call was an illegal action that resulted in the death of a person and under Section 18 of the New South Wales crimes Act (1900) that means that Jacintha Saldanha’s death is a MURDER.
Why would the Australian Government try to sweep her murder under the carpet by deliberately down-playing it as a prank gone wrong? My answer to that is to carefully read and evaluate the following documents:
- How many post breaching fatalities has Centrelink not bothered to collect?
- With 2,000+ suicides a year and unemployed people making up the largest identifiable group, 2 – 4 times the 9/11 death is a very conservative estimate.
- The illegal activity that triggered Jacintha Saldanha’s death cuts too close to the bone for the Australian Government; way too close!
- Because a former Australian government implemented illegal “Performance Indicator Targets.”
- That is just bureaucrat-speak for Breaching Quotas. Any fatalities caused by this illegal activity are either murders or manslaughter due to criminal negligence.
- In FY 2000-01, a mind-blowing 346,078 Breaching quota penalties were issued which netted the government almost a billion dollars in “savings.”
- That is approximately 3 extremely vulnerable, financially impoverished people, many with Depression, being deliberately deprived of their constitutional right to welfare benefit 3 TIMES PER MINUTE for every Public Service working minute for an entire financial year.
- However, the lives lost in achieving those savings were never reported.
Because of the enormous “gravity/sensitivity” of the Quotagate fraud and the fatalities triggered by this activity, the Australian Federal Police flatly refused to investigate. The idea that they were too busy to investigate this mass murder does not hold up. Shortly after this July 7th 2004 letter was written the Australian Federal Police increased the number of officers working with Centrelink to catch welfare rorters was increased from 3 to 10!
In January 2006, the Employment, Workplace & Education Committee wrote these fatalities off as “irrelevant.” If that is not a reckless indifference to human life, then what is?
Go to the Australian Federal Parliament website and then drill down to the submissions to the November 2005 Anti-Terrorism Bill #2 inquiry. Submission 287 is officially listed as “Not yet available.”
“Not yet available” is a deceitful way of concealing the fact that breaching triggered fatalities, many of which were suicides, are an official state secret.
Another Senate gag. This one was intended to protect Tony Abbott, the former Employment Minister when the Howard Government enforced the illegal breaching quotas. Shades of Sivio Belusconi, Tony Abbott will probably Australia’s Prime Minister after the September 14th federal election!
Breaching is an unconstitutional activity that deprived impoverished people of their only means to survive. As the above news article makes perfectly clear, the Australian mass media is very big on blaming the victims of this systemic fraud. The writer of this article, Samantha Maiden, is the national political editor for News Ltd in Australia.
It is highly likely that she both fully aware of the fact that breaching is unconstitutional and that it has triggered a large number of suicides. her solution to the problem is to further undermine the morale and self-esteem of the victims of this system fraud by defaming them as dole bludgers!
Exploiting the vulnerable is standard operating procedure in Australia; unfortunately, one of the people exploited was Jacintha Saldanha. Her death is the tip of a massive ‘ice-berg’. Any truly impartial investigation of her death will have massive flow-on ramifications as the following letter clearly signifies.
Ron Medlicott A Christian advocate for welfare justice.