If you have just seen the BURN NOTICE video at:
then you should read this publication which contains documents and news reports that provide a look at Australia’s appallingly deadly human rights violations. (If you have not seen the BURN NOTICE video, do so right now.)
With a probable death toll of over 2,600 victims,Quotagate is Australia’s worst case of systemic fraud and mass murder. The scale of this senseless slaughter can be seen when compared 2 other acts of ruthless terrorism:
Flight MF 17 “9/11” “Quotagate.”
298 2,977* 2,631*
( *Estimated death toll figure as the exact number is unknown.)
[ NOTE: The short link URL for this posting is: http://wp.me/p1n8TZ-l6 ]
QUOTAGATE RISK ASSESSMENT: WHAT RISK ASSESSMENT?
Aaron Anderson was the Queensland lawyer who represented the families of Matthew Fuller and Reuben Barnes at the Hanger Royal Commission’s inquiry into the fatal Home Improvement Program. In paragraphs 6.140 and 6.141, he used official testimony at the inquiry to zero in on the fatal flaw in the Home Improvement Scheme, i.e. the lack of adequate risk assessment.
- In FY 2000-01, Centrelink was breaching financially impoverished people at the rate of approximately 3 per minute!
- About 1 in 5 of the people had a mental health problem according to official published mental health reports that were available at that time.
- The obvious question then is, what risk assessments was Centrelink using BEFORE and AFTER welfare penalties were imposed?
- The Howard Government was so busy applying the lucrative PIT penalties at the rate of approximately 3 per minute that there were absolutely no HUMAN IMPACT risk assessment processes in place.
- It was basically a case of “SOUND ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT could be ‘achieved’ by depriving at-risk people of their only financial means of support and to hell with inconvenient “Human Imppact” issues like fatalities, homelessness, et cetera!
Once you understand that no risk assessment procedures were in place, (by appropriately qualified mental health persons or sociologists), then you can perhaps understand why NOT ONE of the post breaching fatalities was ever “collected” by Centrelink or reported by Tony Abbott, Jocelyn Newman and Amanda Vanstone to the Federal Parliament. In effect, Centrelink was far too busy saving money for the Howard Government by defrauding welfare recipients of their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to a welfare benefit to have even a split second of time for the far more important task of actually saving lives instead of placing them at risk!
THE ANDERSON EXTRACT: ==============================================================
6.160 In his evidence, Andrew Wilson highlighted the need for effective reporting lines to Ministers on issues of risk.
“MR HOWE: Yes. And just on this question of the rollout date of 1 July 2009, if it hademerged that that was not achievable in a way that satisfactorily accommodated a risk ofinjury or death, it would have been the responsibility of a number of senior public servants to have drawn that fact to the attention of relevant Ministers; wouldn’t it?
THE WITNESS: It would have been the responsibility of the Department of Environment todraw it to the attention of their Minister, but it would also have been the responsibility of the Department to draw it to the broader public service community, ourselves included in the Office of the Coordinator General, because if you got to a situation where, as the responsible area, you felt that you were not going to be able to deliver a key plank of the government’s economic stimulus package, it would have flow-on effects to the Departmentof Finance and the Department of – and the Treasury, so you would need to inform a broad range of people within the bureaucracy, but the first port – the first point of call would be your Minister, to inform them that it is not possible to – these are the issues that we face,these are the risks that we face, we need to discuss and analyse whether or not you can actually achieve the date that the government has given you.
MR HOWE: And it might seem obvious, but in fact, Minister Garrett, Parliamentary Secretary Arbib, and the Prime Minister would have needed to be informed.
THE WITNESS: That’s correct. Yes.”
6.161 “It is clear by the evidence given by Mark Arbib, Peter Garrett and Kevin Rudd that critical information in relation to the risks of death or serious injury to installers arising out of the performance of work under the HIP was not brought to their attention”.
Centrelink Annual Report , 2011 -12: Risk Management (Page 22)
In 2011–12 the department continued to refine its risk management approach. A new Risk Management Policy, which forms the foundation for effective risk management in the department, was endorsed by the Executive Committee. The policy outlines the key elements for identifying and managing risks. It ensures consistency with best practice and the risk management international standard AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management: Principles and Guidelines. Assessing, treating and monitoring risks are integral to our planning and decision‑making processes.
Risks are managed at two levels—strategic and operational. During development of the new Strategic Plan, strategic risks were identified and as part of the department’s business planning cycle, operational risks were developed. Senior executive staff manage these risks. These arrangements ensure the department maximises opportunities and minimises uncertainty. In 2011–12 a department‑wide escalation coordination approach was also introduced to advise internal stakeholders about emerging areas of risk.
COMCOVER RISK MANAGEMENT
In March 2012 the department participated in the annual Comcover Risk Management Benchmarking Program. The department was awarded a 6 per cent discount (out of a possible 10 per cent) on the 2012–13 insurance premium. This resulted in approximately $419 577 in savings.
- Centrelink is accountable to the Minister for HUMAN SERVICES. Logically, Centrelink management would put their primary focus upon the HUMAN IMPACT of their policies and practices.
- However, Centrelink management clearly make EXACTLY the same mistake that the Department of Environment bureaucrats did with the Home Improvement Program, aka “Roofgate”.
- They have placed their focus upon internal organizational financial risk management instead of the core issue that they are paid to provide a RISK FREE service to extremely vulnerable, ‘AT-RISK’ people.
- How many of Centrelink’s clients are impoverished, with an income below the poverty line?
- How many are functionally illiterate?
- How many are known to suffer mental health problems?
- How many fit in to 2 or more ‘AT-RISK’ categories?
These questions provide the basis for PRIMARY RISK MANAGEMENT, with financial considerations a very distant second. With such SLOPPY HUMAN IMPACT RISK MANAGEMENT, is it really any surprise that the Quotagate fatalities are (still) unreported to the Federal Parliament by senior public servants, e.g. Centrelink’s management team. They are also:
- Secretly classified as “confidential” by the Howard Government’s Leg-Con Committee. (Anti-Terrorism Bill#2 legislation – November 2005)
- NOTE: To view and/or print each document separately, double click a document and it will open in a new page. Use the <= to then click back to this posting.)
AARON ANDERSON’s comment above is repeated here to specifically contrast the above “Centrelink does not collect…” statement with the Rudd Government’s fatal (Rinehart Syndrome) blunders.
“It is clear by the evidence given by Mark Arbib, Peter Garrett and Kevin Rudd that critical information in relation to the risks of death or serious injury to installers arising out of the performance of work under the HIP was not brought to their attention
- 3 months after being secretly classified as “confidential” by the Leg-Con Committee, the Quotagate and “Breach-gate” deaths were dismissed by the Howard Government’s Work Choices Committee as “irrelevant”.
- Given that the deaths violated numerous federal, state and/or territory laws, is it any surprise that those people most responsible for thousands of preventable fatalities desperately wanted to fob me off and to “regard this matter as closed”?
- Term of Reference #3 for the ECA Committee’s inquiry into the Roofgate Disaster was a muck raking “Any other matters.” This backfired on the Coalition because it opened the door to the secretly classified death toll from the Howard Government’s illegal enforcement of unconstitutional breaching quotas! in order to maintain the secrecy about the Quotagate killings, the ECA Inquiry rejected my submission and kindly provided me with yet another, ‘don’t copy, don’t distribute’ Senate suppression order.
Each of the above Australian Senate committees was misusing its lawful authority to conceal the death toll caused by the unconstitutional breaching penalties, a death toll that may exceed 15,000 in number over a period of almost 30 years.
- MALFEASANCE: They all abused their lawful authority to cover up the Howard Government’s illegal use of breaching quotas and the death toll caused by that outrageous criminal abuse of lawful authority.
- The death toll was also totally ignored by the “Alphabet Warriors”, e.g. the AFP, ACC, ACMA, ASIO and other agencies with law enforcement powers. All had constitutional and statutory obligations to take action to prevent further lose of life by conducting criminal investigations into the Quotagate and Breach-gate fatalities.
- It’s only dole bludgers so who give a stuff about how many die! Was that their amoral, sociopathic logic?)
Every agency contacted has had a seemingly valid excuse, at least to themselves, for ignoring the unconstitutional, ruthless, human rights violation of welfare recipients. The reality is that no democratically elected government in Australia has the legal right to engage in activities that deliberately endanger or kill vulnerable, at-risk Aussie Battlers!
- Ignored by the mass media as being too unimportant to report. In point of fact, News Ltd newspapers have actively encouraged the vilification of the poor and totally disregarded the fact that Breaching legislation and Work for the Dole laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL!“The first bludger uprising” the world has ever seen? This is UTTER GARBAGE! Riots by the poor and down trodden minorities have been a major problem for governments throughout recorded history. The Rome Colosseum was built mainly as a means to distract Rome’s poor whom the rich feared would riot. The French and American Revolutions were also about those on the receiving end of injustice and greed fighting for a fair go. I am sure that most Australians also know why the Eureka Stockade revolt occurred, i.e.the Victorian Government exploited gold miners who then (literally) fought for a fair go!
The editor of the Sunday Mail newspaper in Adelaide, David Penberthy’s concept of “humanitarian ” is to sink the boot into the victims of political policies that leave impoverished people in appallingly desperate straits.
How does he justify the fact that he has never once pointed out to his readers the unconstitutional, human rights violating laws that have resulted in the deaths of so many welfare recipients? The answer is that he does not justify his biased, partisan actions because they cannot be justified. It does not matter what warm and fuzzy rationalizations are used by Tony Abbott and his Government to justify the Work for the Dole policy, for it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Paragraph 51 (xxiiiA) of the Australian Constitution specifically prohibits the Federal Parliament from making laws that link welfare payments to the payment of welfare benefits. The constitution clearly states that it is the responsibility of the Federal Parliament to make laws for:
The provision of maternity allowances, widows’ pensions, child endowment, unemployment, pharmaceutical, sickness and benefits, medical and dental services (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription), benefits to students and family allowances:
NOTE 2 KEY POINTS:
(a) “THE PROVISION OF…” Check any dictionary and you will find that “provision” is a word that means “to PROVIDE”. Welfare penalties that turn off the dole are unconstitutional because the obligation upon the Federal Parliament is to PROVIDE welfare benefits to the needy. (ACCC vs TPG -HCA 54,  ) the “Dominant Message” is a High Court Decision that may prove to be useful in sorting out what “PROVISION” means in the constitution.)
- Breaching and ‘compliance failure’ penalties are about violating this constitutional obligation for the express purpose of deliberately DEPRIVING welfare recipients of a welfare benefit.
(b) THE PHRASE IN BRACKETS:- (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription).
- Yes, the brackets are actually in the constitution!
- This is a significant constitutional constraint that was placed in the constitution by Australians in 1946 in the hope that it would bring an end to the ruthless exploitation of the nation’s unemployed by political parties and unscrupulous employers.
- Work for the Dole is about being forced to work for $6 an hour when Australia’s minimum wage, (today) is just over $17 per hour.
- There is no sick pay, holiday pay, long service leave or severance pay entitlements.
- Just a far-below-minimum-award-rates slave wage that is close to Gina Rinehart’s infamous belief that that “workers are happy to work for $2 a day!“
- (Does Ms Rinehart work for that level of income or is $600 per second closer to the mark?)
Anyone who supports the unconstitutional, exploitative $6 a day Work for the Dole wage is obviously also prepared to work for the same wage?
Pigs ribs they are! most people would scream blue murder at being FORCED to work for $6 an hour; so how come so many of these same people think that Work for the Dole is a good idea? Can anyone visualize either David Penberthy or the News Ltd national political editor, Samantha Maiden, working for $6 an hour?
Note the statement in the 3rd paragraph that “breaches include failing to attend Work for the Dole appointments.” The sick reality is that Work for the Dole ‘compliance failures’ are used as an excuse to deprive people of a welfare allowance. What you actually have are not 2, but 3 deliberate violations of the constitutional rights of the unemployed.
- The 3rd violation of constitutional rights comes from paragraph 75 (iii) of the Australian Constitution which states that the Jurisdiction of the High Court includes:
- “75. In all matters– (iii) In which the Commonwealth, or a person suing or being sued on behalf of the Commonwealth, is a party:”
- Breaching (now called “Compliance Failure Penalties”) is about accusing welfare recipients of breach of Contract, which is constitutionally a matter for the courts, and unfairly and unconstitutionally having PUBLIC SERVANTS with no legal qualifications make a decision that very conveniently puts a BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR into the Federal Government’s coffers.
- Quite clearly the was, and still is, a massive financial incentive for political parties to ignore the humanitarian impact of the unconstitutional legislation, which brings us to the infamy of the QUOTAGATE FRAUD.
THE QUOTAGATE FRAUD.
The media release below provides insight into the Quotagate Fraud, i.e. the Howard Government’s illegal abuse of the unconstitutional Breaching laws. by enforcing the “Performance Indicator Targets” the Howard Government was able to “ramp up the volume” on the number of welfare recipients who were illegally deprived of a welfare allowance.
As you can see from the extract below from a Centrelink annual report, the “balanced scorecard” of so-called savings was staggering, almost a billion dollars a year was raised by deliberately defrauding welfare recipients.
What is missing from this “balanced scorecard” of so-called “Savings” was the even more staggering death toll that Centrelink, and the Howard Government, hid by the simple process set out below:
The Independent Pearce Inquiry was set up by welfare agencies after they were overwhelmed by a tsunami of desperate welfare recipients seeking a means of surviving the Howard Government’s illegal misuse of th unconstitutional breaching legislation.
“I’ve been on the number of breach decisions.” Lets just have a quick look at that statement by Senator Amanda Vanstone:
- “Breaching” was, and still is, an unconstitutional activity.
- “…advised by Centrelink management that were no explicit or implicit targets “. REMEMBER, this is the same management team that had for 20 years never bothered to “collect” and report the death toll caused by the unconstitutional breaching legislation.
- Between 1st July 2000 and 30th June 2002, more than 600,00 times, impoverished welfare recipients were denied their constitutional rights and Centrelink (on behalf of the Federal Government) raked in a mind bogglingly massive $1,623,400,000
BREACHING was literally: “The targeted, deliberate removal of the only means of support from emotionally fragile and/or financially impoverished people who had no other means of support in meeting their most basic costs of living.”
When you stop hundreds of thousands of vulnerable, impoverished people from meeting their most basic costs of living FOR 3 MONTHS, is it really any great surprise that you have a death toll measured in the thousands?
Is it also any great surprise that those responsible for this massive, deliberately created, death toll would leave no stone unturned in deliberately concealing and denying any knowledge of this death toll?
JUSTICE DENIED HAS MAJOR LEGAL IMPLICATIONS!
The QUOTAGATE Gang.
Gang leader: John Howard.
Bag-man: Peter Costello
‘Hit’ team: Tony Abbott
The victims: 750,000 impoverished welfare recipients.
The Breach-gate Gang: Their actions do speak louder than their words.
- Virtually every member of the Australian Federal Parliament for the last 30 years!
- In 2011, the voted for the retrospective legislation that the High Court kicked on May 8th 2013 citing it as “statutory fiction.”
- Almost a year ago, at 10.30 AM on the 31st August 2013, I spoke with Senator Xenophon and asked him about both the High Court’s “statutory fiction” decision and why he had done nothing about exposing the secret confident classification of the Quotagate fatalities. I am still waiting for him to take action!
- No matter how ‘concerned’ and ‘caring’ our federal politicians may sound, their actions with the “Jail-gate “statutory fiction’ cover-up clearly reveals that when push comes to shove, violating the legal, constitutional and fundamental human rights of Australia’s disadvantaged is as easy as breathing!
The Breach-gate Fatalities.
The precise number is currently unknown but there are perhaps as many as 15,000 suicides from breaching with a similar or even larger number of deaths from other causes.
Justice Moynihan’s Manifest Ostensible Bias decision.
Ignoring the appalling human impact of Quotagate is not an option because “Equality before the Law” is both constitutional responsibility that you and I must uphold and a basic human right for the victims of these crimes. If politicians can make up rules that exempt themselves from our system of justice, then there is no justice!
If the Quotagate gang are not held accountable in a court of law for their unlawful actions, i.e. the breaching quota fraud, the human rights violations and the flow-on fatalities, then anyone convicted of causing an unlawful death could argue “Procedural Unfairness due to Manifest Ostensible Bias”.
Does anyone really want our nation’s jails emptied of violent killers? Ignoring the lethal consequences of Quotagate could become an Ostensible Bias battering ram, i.e. the legal grounds for Exculpation, that smash open the gates of every prison in the nation!
- Although 87 of Queensland’s ‘Dr Death’ patients died and another 106 allegedly required major corective surgery, today Dr. Patel is a free man. What worked for him could also work for those responsible for the Snowtown ‘Bodies in the Bank’ murders or the Truro Murders.
- If Peter Cowan and Gerard Baden-Clay are to remain accountable for their alleged crimes, then those people responsible for the alleged QUOTAGATE triggered deaths of welfare recipients, i.e. the QUOTAGATE GANG, must also be held equally accountable in a court of law.
- The reality is that if we turn a blind eye to the Quotagate and Breach-gate fatalities, then we are turning a blind eye to the Australian Constitution which, in paragraph 5, clearly states that “the law is binding on the people.”
- The Federal Police excuse about not investigating Quotagate, Travelgate or Perksgate because of “government protocols’ is simply legal DIARRHOEA that just makes a total joke out of our nation’s criminal justice system!
Do we really want a criminal justice court system that has no option but to open every cell door of every jail in the nation, simply because the “Alphabet Warriors’ and self-serving public servants have put their own agendas ahead of either upholding the Law or doing their job properly?
No police office or any other person with law enforcement or investigative powers has the right to refuse to uphold the constitution and the law. When I say “no person” I include the highest office in the land. In September 2009, Quentin Bryce knew about Quotagate and kept her mouth shut instead of using her position as the Head of State to demand an inquiry into this fraud and its associated death toll. just DAYS later, as a direct consequence of her silence, the Roofgate Disaster claimed its first victims, i.e. Matthew Fuller and a co-worker who received horrific burns. Nice one DAME Bryce. Are you as proud of your silence as your are of being elevated to the Peerage?
Fast forward 3 years and Quentin Bryce was still trying to avoid responsibity for her actions. Just 3 months and 1 week after this letter was written, the High Court turfed the “statutory fiction” diarrhoea retro legislation that she had had signed into law.
Make no mistake! Idiots do not become the Governor-General. Quentin Bryce was a highly qualified and experienced lawyer and she therefore knew precisely what she was doing when she decided to say and do nothing about the Quotagate and Breach-gate fatalities.
If we put power, position, wealth or prestige ahead of constitutional law, then we have no law. It is as simple as that.
If we refuse to hold these people accountable for the Quotagate and Breach-gate fatalities, the lesson from the proposed Work for the Dole scheme is that the rate at which human rights abuses and their contempt for the people of Australia will only get worse.
THEY MUST BE HELD AS ACCOUNTABLE BEFORE THE LAW AS THE WELFARE RECIPIENTS THAT THEY HAVE PROSECUTED.
In FY 2005-06, the Howard Government spent S10 MILLION of taxpayers money promoting this advertisement. At the same time John Howard and his team of cabinet Ministers were defrauding welfare recipients and concealing the fatalities triggered by this fraud.
QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS.
- Why have the Federal Police repeatedly refused to investigate Quotagate, Travelgate, Perksgate and the Breach-gate crimes? Was it because of a secret ‘dirty deal’ with the Howard Government?
- Why has ASIO stayed silent about the Quotagate fatalities. They have known about them for AT LEAST the last 8 years?
- Was ASIO hoping to do a similar dirty deal that which the AFP had apparently secretly brokered with the Howard Government?
- Was ASIO delayed by the Kevin 07 election win and thus has had to wait for a Coalition win before ‘asking’ (blackmailing?) the Abbott Government in to give ASIO the power to secretly hack into our home computers?
- Why have so many other government agencies adopted a hands-off policy when issues involving alleged corruption by federal politicians pop up?
Author: Rochelle Zurnamer – Manager, the ACMA Broadcasting Investigations Unit. Correspondence 1st November 2011 (re ACMA Report 2780.) Since when did the ACMA have the legal or constitutional power to REFUSE to investigate politicians?
THE RARES WARNING!
Justice Steven Rares speaking at the AGS Law Administrators Conference Canberra. June 2013. (LEGALITY, RIGHTS AND STATUTORY INTERPRETATION, Paragraph 30.)
The principal means by which liberty can be eroded today in Australia is by a law enacted by the Parliament or by its delegated legislative power or by a State or Territory law.
Look – Listen – Believe – Think – Act.
- ACT – Start by sharing this web link and the YouTube video link below with your friends.
- Link this web page to your Facebook page.
- Ask your friends to also share the links on their Facebook pages.
Do you have a TWITTER account? Then spread the word.
- Act now – Demand an investigate of Quotagate and the Breach-gate fatalities before more people die.The link below is a Facebook page about a young HOMELESS couple who died last Friday whilst trying to keep warm by burning a small butane gas heater in their car.
- WHY WERE THEY HOMELESS?
- WHERE THEY JUST THE LATEST VICTIMS OF THE CANBERRA KILLERS CLUB’ UNCONSTITUTIONAL WELFARE PENALTIES?
As I stated earlier in this publication, at least half, possibly more of the breaching triggered fatalities are NOT SUICIDES. Homelessness kills just as effectively as a gun, a knife, jumping of a cliff or slamming a car into a tree at high speed.
We have to restore sanity in our system of government because the only other option is the madness of a self-centred ‘dog-eat dog’ society in which the strong like Gina Rinehart and powerful commercial interests exploit the weak for everything that they can get.
Instead of a giving the poor a “fair go”, somehow, as a society, we have allowed those we elected to run the country to turn the poor into “fair game.”
Aussie Diggers did not fight and die so that corrupt politicians and greedy corporations could exploit our nation’s poor as cheap labour. the fought and died so that their children and grand-children might have a life of dignity and respect if they fell into hard times.
Lawson Glassop “We were the rats”, page 256. 3rd Edition Horwitz Publications (1965)
We need to far more than rock up at an ANZAC parade on the 25th April
“It was. I had said. our heritage. This was our world. We could not help what it was like. But by God we would take it as it was, as it had been left to us. and some day. Perhaps, we would ‘shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to our heart’s desire.” (sic)
Every day, we must honour our Diggers by ensuring that what they fought and died for lives on so that our children may reap the reward of their sacrifice.(Least we Forget – Bill Whitford joined up when he was just 17 years old. )
Sadly, like the victims of the “9/11” terrorist attack, the Bali bombings, and the destruction of Flight MH 17, through no fault of their own, far too many of our fellow Australians have become “dead meat.”
Why is Quotagate the worse case of fraud of mass murder in our nation’s history? Because, like the Stolen Generations’ and the appalling, decades long, sexual abuse of children of in foster care, it is a massive humanitarian disaster that we allowed to happen because we chose not to know about it or to care about it.
We murdered our nation’s real Aussie Battlers with our indifference!
Ronald Medlicott – A Christian advocate for Justice in Australia.